Paperback Storyteller - THE BATTLE.

Paperback Storyteller - THE BATTLE.

Paperback Storyteller - THE BATTLE
Paperback Storyteller - THE BATTLE


The west said be yourself,
so I did and covered myself.
Their eyes burning behind my back,
Oh how they’re sitting so heavily, on my neck.
Is it because they want me to be like them?
For that doesn’t relate to what they’ve said.
Does it harm your eyes if you don’t see my figure and hair?
Does it affect you and your life by what I wear?
Or is it that you hate what I love; what I believe?
For what you’ve understood from my religion,
is far from what I believe; far from my belief.
Who I believe in, no human eye has ever seen
and no blind heart will ever meet.
So you, who tell me to be myself,
I’ve a brain just like you and I’ll use it too.
I’m not uneducated to choose, who I want to be.
For if I didn’t know, I would’ve given up a long time ago.

By @z.ynvb [instagram]

Paperback Storyteller - THE BATTLE. Paperback Storyteller - THE BATTLE. Reviewed by Arafat Ikram Shanto on December 17, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Short Stories Based on Real Life Experiences, Which can Touch Anyone's Life, Making Anyone Feel Like It was Initially Written Based on Them. If You Wish to Share Your Own Story, Submit Here
Powered by Blogger.