I wish it was true That you want me, as much as I do


Paperback Storyteller: I wish it was true- That you want me, as much as I do
Paperback Storyteller: I wish it was true- That you want me, as much as I do

I wish it was true- That you want me, as much as I do:  I wish, you wanted to dance in the rain with me. I wish, it was me, that you would have looked at and laughed when a common friend of ours cracked a lame joke. I wish, that you would wish to skip the long, boring office hours just to be with me at home. I wish, you would daydream about me when you're stuck in the traffic. I wish, you would want me to wear that particular red saree and meet you by the lake. I wish, you would wish to hold my waist and kiss me on the rooftop as it rains. I wish, it'd have been me you wanted to make babies with, grow a family with. I wish, you would want to grow old with me and be happy with those wrinkles. I wish, you did not feel embarrassed to hold my hand and walk in front of all your friends. I wish, you would want to watch the whole season of "Prison Break" again, with me by your side. I wish, you would want to take me to your mother and ask her how your choice was. I wish, you'd tease me for putting too much salt in your favorite biriyani. I wish, you would want to speak to me about all your dreams and aspirations and heart breaks and heart aches and what not. I wish, you considered me as your best friend more than you considered me as your better-half. I wish, you would ask for my hand.

Marriage is scary. Marriage is a promise to keep if both hearts commit to it with the same amount of hopes, dreams, emotions, enthusiasm and most importantly, love and honor. I think I'm forcing you into this. Like, it is me who is driving the car. I like you enough to let you go. I like you enough to wish for what your heart wishes for. And I think it's not me whom you wish for.
I wish you would have stopped me from giving up on us, from giving up on this dream. But it's not happening, isn't it?

- The one who let go

Artwork by Hanne Feldt Art.


I wish it was true That you want me, as much as I do I wish it was true That you want me, as much as I do Reviewed by Arafat Ikram Shanto on November 14, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Short Stories Based on Real Life Experiences, Which can Touch Anyone's Life, Making Anyone Feel Like It was Initially Written Based on Them. If You Wish to Share Your Own Story, Submit Here
Powered by Blogger.